ADVANTAGES OF POLYMELT PP-RCT PIPES.
POLYMELT's PP-RCT products offer many distinct advantages over competing piping systems made of metal or plastic. Find out what PP-RCT pipes have to offer and discover how our pipes can greately improve the efficiency and profitability of your next project.
- PP-RCT typically lasts longer than the life of the building.
- PP-RCT does not leach chemicals.
- Does not increase pumping energy needed over time due to corrosion or scaling.
- The leak-resistance of our durable and heat-fused connections reduces mold and IAQ risks.
- PP-RCT does not emit toxic materials.
- PP-RCT is 100-percent free of heavy metals.
- Heat fusion allows for flame and emission free installation.
- Our systems can contribute to green building credits.
- PP-RCT is fully recyclable throughout its life cycle.
✓ Longevity and reliability
- PP-RCT lasts for decades in piping applications – often longer than the building in which our pipes are installed.
- Engineered PP-RCT has added heat stabilizers which protect our pipe and fittings from spikes in temperature and boiler malfunction.
- PP-RCT can be safely buried in soil, sand, or concrete without affecting performance.
- Our systems are suitable for direct-buried and trenchless applications.
✓ Chemical purity
- PP-RCT is durable and chemically inert and will not react with water or many dissolved chemicals in water.
- PP-RCT is resistant to corrosion, scaling, and erosion - three major causes of long-term piping failure.
- Unlike copper and many plastics, PP-RCT piping and its connections will not leach harmful chemicals.
✓ Leightweight materials
- Our pipes weight up to 80 percent less than comparable metals.
- Installers can carry more pipes safer and with less fatigue.
✓ Easy & fast installation
- Instead of glues, solders, or gaskets, PP-RCT uses heat fusion, which turns the pipe and fitting into a single continuous piece of PP-RCT that eliminates any leak path.
- PP-RCT offers multiple connections including fittings and valves for straightforward installation.
- PP-RCT joints do not crack or leak as they’re transported to installation sites.
- Prefabrication speeds installations.
✓ Cost savings
- One of the biggest cost-savers from using PP-RCT is installation speed.
- The material cost of PP-RCT is more stable than copper and other metals and not susceptible to tariffs.
- No flame, smoke, or fumes are produced during installation.
- Unlike copper and other metals, PP-RCT has no scrap value.
- Being chemically inert and hydrophobic, PP-RCT maintains performance without chemical treatment.
- PP-RCT offers high volumetric flow.
✓ Code compliance
- Our pipe meets requirements of most building codes.
- POLYMELT PP-RCT products adhere to NSF standards.