Saving energy has always been important, but currently the effects of high energy consumption are particularly noticeable. Climate change and high energy prices are just two significant factors. As an energy-intensive manufacturer, we know what we are talking about and we are aware of how important it is to save electricity and energy sources as much as possible.
PP-RCT pipes have many advantages over steel or copper pipes when it comes to saving energy.
How PP-RCT pipes help save energy:
Consistent pumping performance, good insulation.
The great advantage of POLYMELT polypropylene piping systems: The smooth inner pipe walls prevent deposits and corrosion cannot take place. This means that the pipe cross-section and the required pumping capacity always remain the same. Loss of output due to deposits is virtually eliminated. Thus, the required energy remains the same - even after decades. In addition, PP-RCT has inherent heat and sound insulating properties.
- Low thermal conductivity (0.24 W/mK, for comparison: steel approx. 60 W/mK, copper 380 W/mK)
- No deposits or corrosion: increasing pump energy does not have to compensate for the smaller cross-section
- Corrosion additives are not required
- Low maintenance costs
- Total cost of ownership lower than for metallic pipes
Pre-insulated pipes: The efficient method to maintain temperatures over longer distances.
POLYMELT's pre-insulated pipes are insulated with rigid PUR foam, which is enclosed in a jacket pipe for additional protection. This allows hot water, drinking water as well as heating or cooling water to be transported over longer distances with low losses. In this way, buried pipes made of PP-RCT become real energy savers.
How pre-insulated pipes help to save energy.
- Very low thermal conductivity (approx. 0.024-0.035 W/mK)
- No deposits or corrosion
- No addition of corrosion additives necessary
- Very low maintenance costs
- Lower total cost of ownership than comparable lines